Pro lascala speakers

khorn58

I just received from RIGMA 2 lascala botoms to use with the my lascala tops I won on ebay last mounth.Now I have two complet 2 part lascals with all correct speakers except for the 15" bass drivers.

They have Peavey black widow pro drivers in them.Has anyone compared the blackwidow to the klipsch pro driver(I think they are Gauss)?The black widow is a very havey duty driver rated at 350 watts countinous 700 peak. I wonder how close they sound to the stock pro klipsch driver?

I do not plan on using them for home use already have khorns.

I plan to use them for Band pa use along with some vintage altecs for that retro pa with big

tube amps.

Try to find out what bass driver was used in the Peavy FH-1. The FH-1 is a La Scala copy that is a bit wider. If the bass drivers you have now are the ones used in the FH-1, they will be acceptable or better. If not, the Klipsch K-43 is normally installed in your type of La Scalas. It used to be $250 each from Klipsch.

John,

Thanks for the info on the peavey FH-! cabnet,It does look a lot like the lascala bass bin.

I looked up the specs on Peavey's site www.peavey.com and it use the same speaker I

have in my new cabnets.The cabnet is rated 104 db at 1 foot with the black widow driver.

which are the same specs as stock lascala cabnet. so it seems like a good match.

I will ab it with a stock speaker I have in another pro lascala.(I sold to my brother in law)

next week when they are sise by side.

The cool thing about the blackwidow speaker it can be reconed with a peavey kit

with just a wrench and some tape(to clean magnet).The sell you a new basket you just remove the magnet and replace.