The wires with the red stripes are "+"... Am I right?

I just received a K22 replacement woofer from Klipsch this afternoon for my crippled Heresy speaker. While connecting the speaker to the crossover, I noticed that the familiar red spot was not on the speaker terminal. Instead, the terminals were simply marked + and -.

Am I correct in assuming that the wire with the red stripe is "positive?"

Thanks in advance...

Dave in Nashville

Now if I can only remember which end of the soldering iron to hold on to....

I really appreciate all the good advice. Since I am right handed, I was going to grab the iron with my left, figuring that I had a 50-50 chance to pick the correct end.

At any rate, I got the woofer installed (along with a 32oz bucking magnet epoxied into place) and started to work on the two dead K77 tweeters. Unfortunately, the folks at Klipsch sent me the diaphragm kits for the tweeters with the square magnet assembly instead of the "tea cup." While waiting for the correct kits to arrive, I'm going to attach a 1" x 2" x 20" oak brace diagonally on the inside of each back panel. Since the cabinets are 3/4" thick and the back is only 7/16" thick, I don't think a brace would do any harm.

Thanks again,

Dave in Nashville

The saga continues.....

I spoke with Steve at Klipsch customer service/tech support this afternoon. This guy is patient! He listened to my description of the problem I thought I was having with the diaphragm kits for the K77 tweeters. He then told me that sometimes it just takes a good whack to separate the horn from the diaphragm assembly. I told him I would unpack everything and give it another try.

Success! The problem was me, not the kits. Not only was I able to detach the horns this evening, I was also able to install the kits without incident. Everything's hooked up and running (at low volume). The Heresys (center channel and rear channel) are a perfect compliment to my '77 LaScalas. It's amazing! You should hear "Ring dem Bells" on the "Cotton Club" soundtrack.... crisp, clean, pure, deep. An auditory delight....

Over and out,

Dave in Nashville