Cable suggestions & H/T setup

GWklipsch

Guess I stand corrected (thanks Doug...LOL) on the digital coax cable...although when I got my DD set-up I asked the guys at both Rat Shack and Circuit City if they had any special cables for this application and they just scratched their heads and said "huh?...digital what?..No Dude...you mean fiber optic?". That's what you get w/ sales help these days.

BTW...I wonder why Monster doesn't mention DVD application in this quote on the aforementioned cable:

Interlink® Datalink 100 coaxial cable achieves improved audio performance from CD, DAT and minidisc systems.

Might help us common folk (not to mention the sales help!) if they added DVD to that description.

I bought an $8.00 75ohm video cable w/ gold RCA's my Rat Shack and it works great as a digital coaxial audio cable.

Dave "Gotta Respect My Limitations" Ungurait

ok gang here we go! video is essentially made up of 5 'components' r-g-b-h-v which is your three primary colors and horizontal and vertical sync.signals. the less you combine these signals, the less you have to process (un-combine)them. that is one reason that rgb or component looks better than 's'(color/brightness still seperate),which generally looks better than composite (picture seperate from sound)which looks better than coax (put it all in a bucket with the eggs on top-sorry for the regression to monty python's 'meaning of life' restaurant scene). as far as your cable question, three video cables, THE SAME LENGTH, will work JUST LIKE a 'component video cable. we used three 50ft coax lengths w/ f to rca adapters on them to go from a component video distribution amp from a hd sat. receiver to a hd ready rptv. woks FINE! also when you ask monster cable tech. advice remember that this is the company that ran a professional looking 'infomercial' on one full page in home theater mag. claiming that their hi frequency 2 way splitter could make a single output lnb (the thing you hook your coax to on a satellite dish)work like a dual lnb so you could add a second receiver! HA! i wish i had the money that they spent on producing that 100% WRONG ad. when i-along w/ many others- called them to the carpet on that one, they said they were wrong. i suggested that they test their theories BEFORE they spout them as gospel. anywho, i hope this helps- i'll put my soapbox back up and try to relax w/a 'drink'. avman

I have 4 kids aged 6-17 years. They have memorized a great portion of the "Holy Grail" script(even the 6 year old).

Am I warping my kids?

Is it better than the sex ridden network TV?

We are all doomed.

What burns like witches?

More witches!s>

hey y'all! thanks for all the monty python references! i grew up as a teen (in the mid 70's) watching their half hour shows on our local public tv station in new orleans. i even understand what they are saying most of the time. (they are speaking english aren't they) avman ps: how about some fawlty towers? (and i'm not talking about other speaker brand's attempt at floor standing speakers!)