Choice of cable for surround channels

TauRus

Guys, would you suggest the optimal choice of cable (brand, gauge, type) for wiring the surround channels. Let's say the overall length would be between 25-30 feet.

I am using RB5-IIs as surround channels. They are bi-wirable, but does bi-wiring make sense on surround channels (keeping in mind I have just ordered Denon DVD2900 SACD/DVD-A player)? In case it makes sense what cable would be optimal in this scenario? Something like StarQuad?

No, no, no, .. enough of wars ...

Let's solve this diplomatically.

OK, if we forget about brands, can you guys at least suggest between these choices:

- stranded vs. solid core

- zip vs twisted pair vs whateverelse

Also, if you know of any decent place to purchase these cables onine or retail, I would appreciate this as well.

----------------

On 5/1/2003 1:04:09 PM TauRus wrote:

Guys, would you suggest the optimal choice of cable (brand, gauge, type) for wiring the surround channels. Let's say the overall length would be between 25-30 feet.

I am using RB5-IIs as surround channels. They are bi-wirable, but does bi-wiring make sense on surround channels (keeping in mind I have just ordered Denon DVD2900 SACD/DVD-A player)? In case it makes sense what cable would be optimal in this scenario? Something like StarQuad?

----------------

TR,Get the best wire you can afford.A better cable introduces less distortion into the system.But it does'nt improve the signal it's carrying.Yes Yes Yes to bi-wiring.It reduces distortion in the cable giving you a much better sounding system. Good luck

----------------

On 5/1/2003 1:54:16 PM TauRus wrote:

No, no, no, .. enough of wars ...

Let's solve this diplomatically.

OK, if we forget about brands, can you guys at least suggest between these choices:

- stranded vs. solid core

- zip vs twisted pair vs whateverelse

Also, if you know of any decent place to purchase these cables onine or retail, I would appreciate this as well.

----------------

Try www.KnuKnonceptz.com...click on home theater. They have great wire at reasonable prices.

JR

1.gif

"This question can start a war."

GREAT PREPARE THE NUKE SUBS,CARPET BOMBING WECOMING PARTY AND LET IT RIP

I use various cables from Ultra Link standard 12GA wire to Cardas GoldenCross.Passing by Monster M2.4B and Monster Sigma.

Rememer cables are a visual icing on the cake,and you better invest in speakers and amps before expensive cables.

Some great inexpensive cables are from UltraLink and Tributairies,others pointed to good choices too.

When you get your new cables listen to some Public Enemy's Son of a Bush.Sounds great on Klipsch RF7's.So detailed and striking right to the heart

LOL

There are a bunch of sites that specify in tables the min/max gauge of speaker wire for length of wire run considering speaker impedence. I'd add a link, but I'm at mypainfullyslowalmostintolerablehomeinternetconnection. Use the tables as a grass roots baseline, then decide if you want to spend $5.00 or $5000.00 or anywhere in between.

Personally, my ears will never have the opportunity to audition the expensive stuff, therefore they are happy with the cheap solution.1.gif Ignorance is bliss 1.gif