RF-35's list price is $1,000 - what will their retail price be around?

I kind of touched on my local dealer in another thread started in this category entitled "How much would you spend?". Anyways, I called him last week to get pricing information on the new RF's. Yeah, list price. Talk about a tight wad!!!!!! I'm moving to Oregon!2.gif

----------------

On 5/5/2003 12:45:02 AM kenratboy wrote:

So, tell him to take his RF-35's and ram em'
6.gif

----------------

What would you consider a pretty fair price for a first time buyer then? I think that would be the trouble with getting him to lower his price! He doesn't know that I want at least a 5.1 setup and he has never dealt business with me. The plan is 5 RF35's (originally was supposed to be RF3II's but he didn't think he'd be able to get enough from his supplier) first purchased as a pair. Then adding one more speaker about every 6-8 weeks. How do I reason with this guy or do I not even bother?!

• 3 months later...

Yes, printing from the net, or even better - if you have a regular salesman you do business with often - they will cut you a good deal. I know a salesman from Goodguys, and the agreement we had was that he sold me my speakers at net-price, plus the cost of their extended warranty. That way, his commision wouldn't suffer as much.