Help please: Multizone Denon4802

SteevieO

No matter what I do, I can not get my speakers in the other room to play. I have a Denon AVR4802 receiver which I have 7 speakers hooked up to. I am using my Denon AVR3000 to power the speakers in the other room. Or at least that is what I am trying to do. The 4802 manual is not very helpful and I have done everything the salesman at Tweeter suggested.

This is what I have tried:

Connecting the Pre-out multizone on the 4802 to the Main in on the 3000. (don't know what to set the 3000 to)

Connecting the Pre-out multizone on the 4802 to the CD in on the 3000.

Connecting the tape out or VCR out on the 4802 to the CD in or the main in on the 3000.

In all cases the extra speakers are connected to the 3000.

On the 4802, I have set it to multizone and/or recout.

Nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong?

OK you have put the 4802 in multi zone. Then go to the remote, move the menu over intill the top says m-zone 1 page 4/5. Then you have to select the out put you want. Pick tuner for now. Then hook it up to the other amp/receiver in the cd imput. Have the other receiver in cd input and the volume rather low to start. Now it should work. If not let me know and I can help more, but I bielive this is how I have my hooked up, but If yours doesn't I will pull mine out and take a look.

Sorry it has taken me so long but it leaves the multi out RCA. It is a pre out. It is located on the for right by the switched outlets. It is right next to rs-232 connector. The one that looks like a computer connector. Let me know if it works or not because like I said I can pull mine out and look. Look in the manual page 11 and it shows where those connections are, if you have the manual.

Thats what I have done. Can not figure out why it won't work. I have the RCA in the same multi out plug. That goes to the CD in on the AVR-3000. I select multi and pick the source. You do not have any other connections between the 2 amps?

Anything in the room to room or power amp out? (which I thought was just for remote control)

How about the speaker connections marked Sb/multi (L&R). Those are unused?

See if you can get fm radio,or any analog out to zone two.I have a 3803 and with a digital connection from cd to avr I get no zone 2,I hooked up analog cables also and it works.

It is all about the remote now. Leave it connected and play with the remote. Go to page 4 try picking input Tuner, then use the volume on the touch screen. Anything? Then go to page five and try the samething. You have to use the touch pad volume other wise it doesn't move the volume on the multi room. Make sure the other reciver volume is up about a 1/4, and the 4802 reciever will have to be at least half way if not more if you have it plug in cd on the other reciever. How far away is the other speakers you might need two people and have to hit the volume button a lot because it starts at very low volume. If you still have problems call me I left my phone number in privaite massage.

I've got it! Thanks for your help and Dan thanks for offering the phone support. That was very much appreciated. The problem was my digital inputs. When I added an analog connection as well to the CD player and DVD player it all worked fine.