more sws

fordguy

i have a 4.1 sys with a audigy 2 i have 2 sws know i was going to add 2 more is this good or should i look into getting in to a bigger sub i want real good bass while palying my games & movies is it good to get 2 more sws can someone help thanks9.gif

All you are doing by adding aditional sws subs is increasing your total spl by like 3db. For the price of 3 sws subs, you could go out and buy a ksw12, which has a 12" driver and a peak output of 440 watts, instead of the 8" driver on the sws. The sws is good for punchy bass, but seams to struggle a bit below about 60htz. IMHO you'd be way better off going with a HT sub, which will cost a bit more, but will give you the performance you are looking for.

thanks i tryed getting a hold of klipsch i dont know nothing about the speakers & was trying to find out how to get a ksw12 & hook it into my 4.1 sys no luck with klisch i dont have audio know how i dont want to throw money out with the sws how do these wire in & would it be hard to do & may be someone can help get one thanks 9.gif

what are you doing man?? you want 4 sws?? if u went past 2 sws, u would be losing price/performance ratio. with 4, thats $600 - instead of that i would've bought a sub from svsubwoofers.com for 549 or 599 - which could easily outperform the 4 sws subs. all u do with an ht sub is hook it via a rca-1/8" to the center output of your soundcard and you are set.

Accually 4 SWS subs would far outdo the lower model SVS in terms of sheer punch and volume, the SVS would of course have it on depth in frequency response, SVS would be a bit cleaner as well. Now if it was say an Ultra or heck even one of the low end pci series...well thats a different story. SWS has no problem hitting hard and loud, but they arn't good for anything under 30hz...which still isn't bad...I mean we are talking 8" here afterall.

I went to an audio show where they had 16 SWS subs stacked and let me tell you, that thing had volume that would send a B4-Plus running...course a B4 Plus goes lower then a mother, and has far more quality bass. As always too for 16 SWS subs..you could get a SunFire Signature, SVS B4-plus, or the king of the deep...Velodyne HGS-18.

16 SWS subs = $2400US

For this amount you buy

Dual SVS Ultra with a Samson 1000 power amp and a good outoard crossover

Sunfire Signature with a Sunfire Mark II(if you look well)

Velodyne HGS15 or even 18

Revel B15

All reach much deeper(solid 20Hz) with fearsome power

The SWS does not,the SWShowever would as noted have greater punch(no way to forget you have 16 x 8" woofers).

"the ear where do you get subs like this & how do you hook them up know anything about sounds cards what are good cards"

Be a bit clearer in your questions,SEPARATE and ORGANISE them a bit.

A. Where do I get subs like these,at quality High-End stores

B. Err I do not use them with sound cards,these are HT/music subs used in my HT systems

C. You can conect any sub to a sound card,I use dual Carver Knight Shadow subs with my main PC.The Knight Shadow uses a very long throw 10" woofer in a very compact sealed cabinet driven by a powerful transformerless amp.Think of it as a SWS on heavy steroids