blown horn? (ksf 10.5)

skier06

I have your ksf 10.5 towers. I've had them for about a year. they've been used mainly for home theater fronts and are never used at very high levels biggrin.gif. This week I noticed one of them sounding like it is blown. only on voice and lighter notes, like if there was a tweeter. but since these don't have tweeters I assume it is the horn. What do I need to do to get this fixed quickly. Besides this problem they have been awesome speakers.

Thanks

Nick Harper

According to the parts page you need a #127103 diaphragm for a K97KV tweeter (yes, they call it a tweeter). These are pretty simple to put in, most times only a Phillips screwdriver, an open end wrench are needed and a gentle hand seating it on the magnet. They are listed here for $20 but I would bet on $22, I ordered one for my KLF-20's and they were a little bit more than what the parts list said. If it has to cross the Mississippi River for shipping then it should take about a week to get.

Good luck!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

Carver Receiver MXR-150

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Original 12ga. Monster Cable