Which sub for RF-35?

Alex_C

If you want to go Klipsch, the RSW12 will match nicely. But if you want all the performance for your dollar, which I don't see why you wouldn't, check out svsubwoofers.com. I have the RF3IIs, which are very similar to the RF35s and I'm saving up for a SVS 20-39PCI. Really great sub, tuned down to about 16 HTz. It'll put the RSW15 to shame and costs less. Do a search on SVS and you'll see everyone raving about them.

actually, the SVS 20-39PCI is about half the price of the RSW12 and will easily outperform it. SVS sells directly, so you don't have to pay the typical 150% markup that the retail stores put on the RSW subs. (store cost on a RSW10 is $600, yet they sell them for $1300, i know becuase a friend of mine sells them.)

----------------

On 5/15/2003 7:17:53 PM jzoz01 wrote:

a SVS 20-39PCI. Really great sub, tuned down to about 16 HTz.

----------------

just a quick note... the SVS 20-39Pci is actually tuned to 20Hz while the 16-46PCI is the one tuned to 16Hz. The first digit is the tuning point, and the second one is the height (39 inches and 46 inches respectively)

"just a quick note... the SVS 20-39Pci is actually tuned to 20Hz while the 16-46PCI is the one tuned to 16Hz. The first digit is the tuning point, and the second one is the height (39 inches and 46 inches respectively)"

That is correct but you can also have SVS tune your sub down a couple hertz if you like. They say they usually do this for people who buy the 25-31 subs and SVS tunes them down to about 22 hertz. I think thats what he meant by the 20-39 sub tuned to 16 hertz. 9.gif

The lower the hz the better. The lower the deeper it goes. You can't hear anything under 20hz, but you can feel it. Which is what you want when you watch that great movie. If you want your house to shake than you need it to go low. If you are using it for movies than drop tom v a line at svsubwoofers and he can help you pick the right one for your room. He has also will recomand a differnt sub if it is warrented. I love my svs and probally wont buy another brand unless the others get better.