Picture of MCM 1900 Industrial Loudspeaker & me

woolygums

Several people have emailed me about pictures of my speaker stack. I am 6'2" if that gives you an idea about their size. The ceiling is ten feet high.

Each cabinet is covered in fiberglas veneer over 3/4 plywood with aluminum angles and corners. Also have handles built into the sides.

Some Specs:

MSWM Bass W Folded horn Bins -- two each stack

Size: 70"w at front x 17"high x 44" deep x32" w at rear

Weight: 160 lbs each

6 ohms, 15" K43 Low frequency driver each

SPL: @ one watt input = 99db, (av 40 -400Hz)

MSSM Conical Horn Low Mids -- One each stack

Size: 37"w at front x 14" high x 36.5 deep x 7.25 w at rear

Weight: 89Lbs each

12 ohms, 10" k41 upper bass driver

SPL: @ one watt input = 100db, (av 350-1200HZ)

MSM Upper Mid Horn

Size: 37"w at front x 14" high x 36.5 deep x 7.25 w at rear

Weight: 93Lbs each

3 ohms, FOUR .7" K55 Compression Drivers for one horn!

Horn approx 34" w x 12" H x 33" long, 1.9" throat K47m Manifold

SPL: @ one watt input = 100db, (av 800-6000Hz)

MTM Tweeter array

Size 14"h x 7.5"W x 7.5" Deep

Weight: 13 lbs

3 Ohms, FIVE horn-loaded Piezoelectric Tweeters

SPL: @ one watt input = 98 db, (av 10,000-18,000Hz)

One article I read said that original cost (these were the top options with aluminum and fiberglass) was $12k, but I have seen them for sale much cheaper. Certainly it is a special application setup!

The above is from a rumpled badly copied sheet from Klipsch, there is more . . . . .

Still want to build a center and subs. Any ideas?

post-12152-13819247398056_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 5/18/2003 4:18:56 AM marksdad wrote:

wow. it kind of looks like a bunch of stacked boxes? but where did you get the klipsch labels? your not married are you
12.gif

----------------

It does look like a stack of boxes. I heard that these were actually band equipment. The wood is covered with a fiberglass veneer and all corners are protected by aluminum angle. Though each speaker has a pair of handles, I do pity the roadies who moved this stuff!

Actually I am married and my wife loves these speakers, too. When I played the THX movie intro sound, the walls shook, the blown insuation around the recessed ceiling lights trickled through and Anne said, "Whew, after THAT I think I need a cigarette!"

We are converting a warehouse into a home here in Atlanta. The living room is 44x25x10. The "home" part is about 3600 SQFT. The warehouse itself is 16,000 sqft with 18 foot ceiling. The walls are two feet thick and we have no neighbors.

With the doors to the house open, the sound carries to all corners of the warehouse. It actually seems to DIMINISH when you get close to the speakers.9.gif