amp design used for heresy

tweedleg

others will surely chime in on this but I remember seeing it posted here that McIntosh amps were used in the Klipsch lab as well as an old Brook 2A3 PP amplifier, I also think someone mentioned some B&K SS monsters (?)...if you have a choice use tubes with heresies...regards, tony

I too am looking for a better amp - and can't afford the Mac's. I have an AES 2A3 saved for the K' horns now in the garage - waiting on the entertainment center to be built.

The Heresy's are mounted high in a wall, and will be the rear speakers when I get done, but they're all I have hooked up for now. This week-end, I hooked up the AES to the Heresy's.

While the Heresy's sounded much better that they did with the Crown DC300 I had - they were harsh with the DC300 - I was not able to get very loud before the SE 2A3 broke up too much, so more power is needed. FWIW, I currently have a Dynaco PAS3 as a preamp.

I'm gonna sell the Crown DC300 - but as for what the replacement will be, I'm looking also ....