RSW-10

jwp

NO

You need at least a RSW12,I would go with the RSW15.

On sub capable of GUT WRENCHING bass is a single RevelB15,its impact and deep bass prowess will impress even SVS users(unless they have multiple SVS or the large dual and quad driver models).

With the RSW15 however you will get true slam,and plenty of it.

Not much just under $3000(full retail),dont play Mr Economy here Kain.Your often talk about Audi A8's and other luxury audomobiles.$3000 should be peanuts for you majesty Kain 2.gif

I know you own an oil well or two so a paltry Revel or SVS or even Krell MRS should be "budget" for ya.

1.gif

Kain,

How does the B compare to a B2 or B4-Plus? I can guess,since I tested dual Ultra subs powered by a very powerful amp(capable of 1KW per channel RMS).

The Revel B15 holds its own against dual SVS Ultra subs down to 20Hz,below the Ultra gets the nod.However for music and almost all movies you will not miss anything even compared to dual SVS Ultra configuration.

The B15 can be purchased at less then retail,the SVS Ultra only sells at retail,besides the few deals TV and the gang do to bring more customers to SVS.

Kain,

You have to shop around,its some time Inpurchased mine.Call stores in your part of the world who sell Revel and inquire.If this fails call stores in the US that ship and inquire.

I would say from $2000-2600,no more then $2600.Full retail is only paid by those who do not shop and have too much money.

TheEAR,

Thanks for all the information.

So, in your opinion, you would take the Revel B15 over the SVS PB2-Plus?

By the way, I just found a Revel dealer here in Dubai! Sweet! That means I could probably get it here locally. 1.gif

By the way, TheEAR,

Are there any other subwoofers in the Revel B15's price range that I should also look at?

Secondly, I have just sent an e-mail to SVS asking them how they think the Revel B15 compares to the SVS PB2-Plus. Should be interesting. 1.gif

In the B15 price range there is the Velo HGS18.The B15 hits harder and has a far better EQ.The HGS18 does a bit deeper.

Your choice

As how the B15 compares to an SVS B2,should be close.The B2 should have more deep bass output.

Okay, there is the response I got from SVS:

Hello Haris,

There is no performance data available on the Revel unit, so it is tough

to make comparisons. If I had to guess, I would say you'll like the

looks of the B15 more(mainly because it is much smaller) but you'll find

the SVS extends deeper and has a lot more clean output capabilities.(esp

in the 20-30hz range).

Tom V.

SVS

ALOT MORE OUTPUT at 20hz YES

But ALOT MORE output at 30Hz...BULLCRAP

The B15 eats a HGS18 at 30Hz(I have both sir),it can produce 120-126dB depending on room(lets stay in a room size most have).

The B15 woofer is strongest around 30Hz,and it uses a very long throw 15" woofer.The twin 12" do not outperform the B15 at 30Hz,I bet my avatar on it.

At 20Hz its clear the SVS in its large tuned cabinet does have a good lead,no doubt.To say the B2 has alot more output at 30Hz is...BULL

And FYI I had two SVS Ultra subs on loan from an audiophile to who I lend a few items from time to time for tests.And the B15 at 30hz holds its own against TWIN SVS ULTRA subs powered by a Carver TFM-75(eats a Samon,capable of 1KW RMS per channel into 4 Ohms!).

So...A LOT MORE at 30Hz...dont think so

Sad TN's subwoofer listing is so incomplete as the Revel B15 would be very much near the very top.And where is the Sunfire Signature?Another powerhouse...ignored by a "reference" list.Who's reference? Not mine

Thanks for the info.

By the way, how much more output does the SVS have over the Revel at 20Hz?

Secondly, which has more "tighter," "faster," and "harder-hitting" bass? The SVS or the Revel? I am not talking about loudness here, but more about accuracy, slam, and quickness.

At 20Hz dual Ultra subs have over 8dB more output(in my smaller room).

As for spped both do as well,you cannot tell one is slower.For inmpact the Revel B15 is the champ,it hits like a freight train.Anyone who doubts simply never heard the B15.Tightness,the Revel B15 sounds better here,the SVS is no slouch.

For music I pick the Revel B15 ANY DAY over even twin SVS Ultra/Carver TFM-75(no whimpy Samson)

For HT I clearly take the twin Ultra(even with a whimpy Samson)

There is no suchthing as a sub that beats all and costs under 10K.Its a load of bull crap

Most on these forums repeat like parrots over and over SVS to any sauce.I tested more subs then most users here combined besides TV from SVS and a few(very few if any)members here.

Brash yes I am,with reason.I dont "read" reviews and give imaginary opinions,I TEST FIRST HAND AND THEN TALK.

Oh yeah let me just bash the piece of dump WM40 one more time

1.gif

Just for fun visit the Audioreview.com webside,click on reviews,then subwoofers and read some of the reviews this joke got.Some even mod the thing and claim accuracy!LOL I cant bash these deaf clowns like they deserve.

For anyone who thinks he/she knows how an acccurate subwoofer should be they must experience the HGS18.Or else they dont know jack about real accurate subwoofing

----------------

On 5/20/2003 6:49:30 PM TheEAR wrote:

"There is no suchthing as a sub that beats all and costs under 10K.Its a load of bull crap..."

But Ear, what about the dreaded 4-Tumult Doomsday sub? Oh yeah, that's right, it's still only a "hypothetical" subwoofer at this point I suppose...