heresy (1980) vs forte I's

ok. this seems like a nice little trend i have started.

last year, in june, i found a pair of fortes with biampable inputs at a garage sale for $220 .

yesterday, i found a pair of 1980 heresy's for $40...i know, i know, hate me if you will. anyway, i am right in the middle of moving and will not have the opportunity to A B these til saturday and the anticipation is killing me! so, in order to relieve my anxiousness, i was hoping one of you very humble, knowledgeable, and compassionate members might have some experience with both of these speakers and could give me your opinion. PLEASE help. thanks in advance!

I am interested, also, in the term "honkiness" sometimes given to some later (classic) Klipsch speakers. I have an early Heresy which does not "honk" at all. But it is a very early model with the PWK logo in the upper right of the grill. (I am seeking another like it or a vintage pair to make an HT front lineup.) Thanks for you post.

Geez, I guess I got to start hitting the Garage sale circuit. Those are some sweet deals you are getting.

Not sure what the deffinition of "HONK" is but I own both speakers.

The Forte and Heresy sound identical in the mids and highs. The Forte has much nicer more pronounced Bass.

Do in a nutshell, the Forte sounds like a Heresy with more bass.

Enjoy your bargains. $40 - GOSH can't get over the price.

JM

I am envious of you! for the price of both sets. equals what heresys are selling for low end these day................

Congratulations..............please book mark my name if you ever feel urge to sell the Heresys.................have a safe, stress free move.

thanks guys!

i am going frickin crazy!

i am moving into a new apartment with my friend and his girlfriend.

my room is small 10'x10', but i dont know if i want my stereo out in the common area with the fortes. but if i keep them in my room (soo small) they may atrophy.

so...i could use the heresy's in my room i guess but i actually think they take up more room than the fortes...shorter,fatter.

oh yeah...and in the new place i live above my landlord...ugh!

my room is going to be my stereo, records, and a bed. i am thinking about getting some soundesign or lennox headphones...anyone know where i can find those?