Question for Ears

Danartdis

The the price and if in near perfect condition its a great buy.Earthquake makes some very high quality and very powerful subwoofers.A larger Sunfire if you want,with output to match.

I say go for it if the sub is in tip top shape.

• 2 weeks later...

The JBL HTPS400 eats dust compared to Earthquake(12 and 15")subs.And its starts to fall like a stone at 30Hz!You call this a sub! The 15" Earthquake is solid down to 25Hz and still has real output at 18Hz.The JBL is dead silent below 20Hz.

The only great JBL sub(non pro series here)is the Ti-K sub.This is a great performer,at $5000 it better be.

Why sell subs if they do the job for you??? Just because many have giant toilet paper tubes do I have to sell my Aerial SW12,Revel B15,Sunfire Signature,Velo HGS18 and other subs I have? NOT A CHANCE

If the sub works why change?Its just the larger 15" active/passive units outperform(loudness and go deeper) the JBL subs(besides the Ti-K).

I bought an earthquake supernova-15 off of ebay a couple of months ago, and it really goes low. I looked at Velodyne and SVS as well, and was not sure if I would be satisfied with the earthquake. I am glad that I bought it, it is really loud, and goes really, really deep, but it is not boomy and has a controlled musical nature. I wouldn't trade it for anything close to it's price range, and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

G-

Earthquake makes GREAT subs,anyone who says otherwise is smoking weed.

I may buy their most powerful 15" unit soon. 9.gif If I dont buy an SVS before,if only SVS was sold in stores.Ah well

Funny,from a 9" cube to a 19" one,I will have all the compact cubes covered.

ME NEED MORE SUBS,for no real reason!

At CES I stood on top of the SuperNova while they shot it with test tone material. It had awesome SPL but a touch, dare I say touch, boomy to my ear. The CES special was $995 in the matte black pro-pa style finish. Man I wish I bought a few. Could have turned a buck or two...

Regards,

Mike