SCW-2 Speaker matching

Gnomore

I checked the Klipsch speaker matching chart, but didn't find the in-walls listed. I'd say that to get the best tonal match, your ideal center channel speaker would be another SCW-2. Three identical speakers across the front should work great!

Now, if you're looking for a traditional TV-top center channel cabinet speaker then all bets are off and I have absolutely no idea what matches the SCW-2s. smile.gif

If you're happy with the sound of the SCW-2's, and you want to stick with in-walls, I'd use three of them across the front end. The center channel is incredibly important in HT uses - some estimate that it carries 60-80% of the "weight" during a movie, so I wouldn't use a lesser speaker for the center. A tonal match between the front three speakers also ensures that sounds that pan across the field keep their sound consitent. Now, surrounds are another matter - while it would be nice to have matching surrounds, if you had to cut corners somewhere then the surrounds are the better option than the center.

BTW, what are you using for surrounds? Are you using a subwoofer, too?

Ross

Well, Im building a new house and am just starting to get all of my equipment together. In my current house all I have is a pair of Bose 301s and a Sony Prologic receiver. For the new house I am going to set up a HT system. Right now all I have are the SCW-2s and thats it. I was looking at the Definitive BP1X speakers for the surrounds and possibly a Paradigm PDR-10 for the powered sub. Haven't completely decided on the receiver yet but was leaning towards the Yamaha RX-V800...

Are the SCW-2's installed as your front left and right? I think I'm reading that they are, but I didn't want to assume. Any reason you'd steer away from Klipsch for the surrounds? It would be ideal to have a matched set, and getting matching Klipsch surrounds would assure you of a tonal/timbre match (in addition to an efficiency match, so that the dynamics are the same).

Ross

I see by your shopping list you shop at Audio Video Systems.

Those are Reference series in walls you've got,The SC-1 and SS-1's will work.I have them in my bedroom HT with the KSB 2.1's as mains.I like them.

They will sell you just one SCW-2 if you ask and that's what you want to do.Maybe use them as surrounds and step up to the SF-2 or SP-1 as mains.

All depends on what you want,are you limited to space?