A\V Systems & Subwoofers

budabear

Hi,

I've got a Klipsch KSW200 hooked up to my Yahama A\V Receiver and I'm not getting much\any bass. The sub is hooked up to my Sub Out of the receiver. I happened to go through the instructions last night and it says that you can hook up the sub through "Sub Out"(LFE) and also through the speaker terminals. This makes no sense to me.

Can any one shed any light on this for me. What is the best way to hook the sub to a system for optimal performance.

Thx!9.gif

Budabear - You didn't mention what your source (CD, DVD, etc...) was when you were experiencing no bass. If it was CD, see page 40 of your owner's manual. If you haven't already done so, set the LFE/Bass Out to BOTH (which is what TheEARS was talking about). This will cause bass to be sent to both the LARGE front speakers AND the sub, which will get the sub involved in both Stereo output as well as Home Theater-type output.

Otherwise it is only outputting whatever is in the LFE (.1) channel of DVDs. Since CDs don't have a .1 channel, you get no sub output from CDs.

Apologies if you already took care of this and knew about it.

DD