Electro-Voice SM120 mid horns

• 6 years later...

Marvel---Yeah, I used to have that picture on my Chicago Horn Club website, which is now kinda slipshod (moribund?), I've lost interest in it, I'm actually losing much interest in this hobby.

Yes, that's a homemade KHorn bassbin up by the ceiling as a sub. That is one of the right ways to subwoofer bass limited basshorns such as LaScalas, Altec 825s or Peavey FH-1s.

Hey Tom, are them Martin Logans in the Pic ? Are you burning out on stereo ? What happened to the Altec 19's ?

I currently own Electro Voice Sentry III's and Cornwall II's, both speakers have had all new capacitors in the crossovers, the Corn 2's have Bob Crites Titanium Diapraghms installed, but I listened to them stock too. Side by side the Sentry vs the Cornwall 2's, there simply is no comparasion, in my room. The EV Sentry III's are better, to my ears.I plan to lengthen the wires from the Sentry III's crossovers to the drivers, so I can mount the crossovers on top of the speakers,,and voice them to my room by playing with slightly different value caps. The stock Sentry III's cross to the SM 120 midrange horn at 600 hz.I have been wondering if they can play down a bit lower, since the Sentry 4 crossed down at 400 hz ? About the bracing of the SM 120, I wonder if it was only suggested for the Sentry 4 ? In the Sentry 3's, the horn is solidly mounted in a wooden cabinet. I would be concerned the braces across the mouth of the horn may cause diffraction effects, but I may be wrong.