Opinions on Aragon 7.1 Stage One preamp & 2007 pwr amp

netnut

Any opinions on these components? I will still be running 5 speakers.The stage one is backward compatible with 5.1 and 6.1 From what I can tell I will benefit from the the enhancements of the new equipment.Whacha think? Thanks

Seems like the Aragon aqusition has been something of a bust for Klipsch. The equipment looks awsome, but their portion of the forum is dead. If anyone is buying the stuff, they havent found their way here. I don't know, maybe its just poor marketing, but if the equipment was getting any type of a loyal following, you'd think there would be some activity in their section. Strange... the equipment seems to be very well made and as I said, it looks awsome.

I'm confident that judging sales by activity in this forum will yield incorrect information. In fact, Klipsch is leveraging the distribution channels already in place for its speakers to expand sales opportunities for the Aragon line. It seems to be working.

People become very loyal to products they believe in. It's this very premise that makes this forum so successful. Its human nature to seek out those you share common ground with, especially for things you are passionate about. I understand that Klipsch has a much larger footprint than Aragon, and naturally a smaller pool to draw from. In most of the other sections you have staunch posters, names that spring to mind in the HT section, Subwoofers, Odds & Mods, etc. But you don't see that anywhere in the Aragon area. Don't get me wrong, I wish them success. I was seriously considering a 2007, or two 3005s for my system. I asked questions, hoping others would be able to provide feedback, none did. I was quite disappointed that not even the Aragon Tech would answer questions. Very poor marketing & service. As small as Aragon is, SVS is much smaller. It has a very small, yet very dedicated following. Put a forum on their site and it would still have a ton of traffic. As for "Klipsch is leveraging the distribution channels already in place for its speakers to expand sales opportunities for the Aragon line. It seems to be working." This sounds like a propaganda slogan from the Klipsch marketing department. How is it working? Do I see any of this Aragon equipment where Klipsch speakers are sold? No. Not anywhere near where I live. I would absolutely love to see, and test this stuff in person. As I said, it looks awesome! This is simply my opinion, based on my perceptions. If you have hard facts detailing the success of the merger and marketing, please share them with me. Facts are the quickest way to change my opinion. I could be totally wrong.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm confident that judging sales by activity in this forum will yield incorrect information. In fact, Klipsch is leveraging the distribution channels already in place for its speakers to expand sales opportunities for the Aragon line. It seems to be working.