Best CD to MP3 Program?

Soundwarden

Can anybody recommend a very good CD to MP3 program? I bought an iRiver MP3 flash player and I also bought the Xpack Mp3 plugin for Media Player 9. I use my Klipsch 2.1 to listen to the recorded MP3's before downloading them to my iRiver player. But this plugin is very limited.

I also want to know what's the best recording bitrate to use: 128, 192, 224, 320 or VBR with any of these?

oh shucks, i already bought the windvd xpack mp3 plugin for wmp9, cost me about 10 bucks! i d/l'd cdex and also got to learn the various .mp3 encoder codecs and am now using either Lame VBR 128-320 very high quality settings, the wmp9 xpack 192b, or Ogg Vorbis. I also learned there's this enhanced encoder called blade but has some restrictions so i cant find any download site.

as for my new iriver flash player, i like the compact size and i can usually fit 2 1/2 cds into 256mb mp3's, but it doesn't play ogg files or aac, and there's a noticeable lack of 'fullness' compared to my old cd player. the single AA battery also lasts only about two days.

anyway thanks for the help, fellows!