Scott LC-21 pre-amp w/phono

KJ,

The LC-21 is a nice preamp ! I have the Scott 130 which is similar and sounds awesome after I rebuilt it. This one looks to be in great shape but the price I'm afraid is extreme it would have to be a record price for the preamp especially since its bone stock ! They sound a world better with a mild freshening up. Although I think the preamp is easily worth that in sound compared to the new offerings out there the price is just higher then what they normally go for on Ebay.

Craig

If I bought this vs Maple Tree, etc. would I send it off to Craig? use it as is? It seems to be like an antique car...you don't want to chop and channel a nice vintage and historic piece...but a putting new wheels and other reversable things might be worth doing.

IU have heard Craig's preamp and it is quite cool.

I plan on acquiring an LC-21 in the future.

I would like to use it for an extended period with LEOK's TRIPATH PWM 8 watt amp for listenign to vinyl.

Craig and I have thought a runoff using the same tube preamp switching out the TRIPATH for a midline 2A3 tube amp would be an interesting comparisson.

I did a complete stock rebuild to my 130 no circuit changes what so ever there just is no need. It is right now playing Eric Clampton unplugged CD I acquire from Audio Flynn . This CD on my system is absolutely stunning ! You would swear He was in the room playing his acoustic Guitar. If you like the LC-21 and the price seems alright to you Buy it !! It's not to expensive to rebuild the LC-21 up to spec !!

Craig

Ryan,

Have you ever even seen a Scott 130 and a LC-21 ?? They don't even have the same tube compliment where do you get this kit version from ?? The proper description would be the LC-21 is a stripped down kit version of the 130 and that would be a stretch ! While the circuits have some similarity they are not the same preamps by far. I bet the LC-21 might even sound slightly better then a 130 if its builder was talented.

Craig

Craig had said he had little to no Eric Clapton.

Well we just could not let that go by.

EC has some limitations regarding mastering quality in some of the 60s and 70s recordings.

The new EC is as awesome recorded as it is played awesome.

Bluesy, jazzy or blow your face off R&R; EC is definitely great for auditioning systems.