Can I get some opinions regarding an upgrade for DENON 3802, to switch or not to switch DENON

legend9

I currently have the DENON 3802, which I truly loved. However, I want to do an upgrade from that to a higher-end receiver, such as the 4802, or 5803. I want to ask the people who own any Marantz or HK or Denon to give me some inputs on which upgrade is better from this . My price range would be 1000-2500. Which receiver would sound BEST with Klipsch Reference series?3.gif

I think you should stick with the receiver that you have. Going to the Denon 4802 would not be a significant enough upgrade for the costs associated, you gain a few watts and maybe some extra features. The 5803 is out of your specified price range, it is around $3500, with retail running over $4000. There is nothing wrong with the receiver that you have. If anything an upgrade would be going to seperates (Tuner, A/V Processor, 5 or 7 channel power amplifier). If you are intent on spending money I would buy an outboard amp to use with your 3802, like a nice three channel to run your front & center and let the receiver just handle the surrounds. This will ease the load on the receiver and provide you a more dynamic and cleaner front stage. Your call!

That's a good advice. However, believe it or not, up to this point, I've never thought of a setup with seperates. Why? From start, I only know of buying a power-packed receiver, that's it. With seperates, its pretty confusing. Can you give me some recommendation for the seperates?

PS This would be a much better upgrade setup than to any other seperate Marantz , Denon, or HK receiver?