DTS to DVD Recorder

budabear

----------------

On 6/9/2003 6:43:57 PM budabear wrote:

I just tried to record one of my DTS encoded Lasers to a DVD recorder. Much to my dismay it won't work. It's probably a stupid question but can someone tell me why?

Thx!
8.gif

----------------

You don't mention what wont work. If its a video problem, the original possibly has macrovision, blocking the copy process. If its the DTS sound track that wont copy, I am unaware of any software that will burn with the digital soundtrack.

----------------

On 6/9/2003 7:39:30 PM efzauner wrote:

but you are out of luck for digitaly encoded sound

----------------

I am in the same position. I have about 35 movies saved on my TiVo with dolby digital sound. I am waiting for a way to burn the digital sound track to DVD before I buy a burner.

I am curious how you were connected. Are you using a sound card with a digital input? Also, as I said above, I don't know of any software that will do this. What software did you use? You really have my hopes up!

----------------

On 6/10/2003 4:44:30 PM budabear wrote:

No software or soundcard. I used my Panasonic DVD recorder through my AV system.

----------------

I just re-read your original post (to a DVD recorder). I assumed ( & we all know what means) you were using a computer.

Damn... I was really hoping to get some good info.

Good luck... Let us know what you find out.