Saw a sad, sad sight at Best Buy today...

kenratboy

I'm no expert but here are a few things to think about.

- People buy name brands; Klipsch is not a household word, YET.

- Many don't care about critical listening; Most listen for background a majority of the time.

- If you believe your stereo sounds good enough, it is.

- Home theater has been good for audio. Yep, it really has.

- It is easier to separate people from $500 in $25 increments than all at once.

- People buy copper or "ionized" bracelets rather than go the doctor. People also buy goldplate terminated "interconnects" to make their systems sound better.

- Cheap is mistakenly synonymous with value.

The list could go on.

I'm fortunate in that respect, Unreal - I have yet to get static from my bosses for bagging on Bose...

I use this opening statement when handling customers that say "I thought Bose was the best"

If you need your system to look pretty, and are willing to sacrifice sound quality, then get the Bose system. If you want quality sound and are willing to sacrifice visual appeal, then let me show you some great sound at a better price than Bose.

Another neat trick:

Take them into your media department (the Bose cubes are set up all over the place) - let them listen close-up to a cube by itself. That usually breaks it for most of my customers. As soon as they realize that the cube array is a poor excuse for a transistor radio speaker, it's off to JBL and Klipsch we go!

----------------

On 6/11/2003 1:32:53 PM ShapeShifter wrote:

dndphishin,

You are a Class Act!

One shouldn't throw away a dollars worth of integrity, to get a dimes worth of cash.

----------------

When one has a wife and son to take care of, in a town with no jobs, one does what one must to get the bills paid.

With people like that guy I mentioned above, at least I can feel comfortable about the quality level of part of what I sold him.