YOUR OPINION IS APRECIATED

miguelon03

HI my fellowwwww Klipsch lovers!!!

I have a question, need some advice.

Currently I have a:

a) pair of KG 3.5 as front speakers.

B) SC-1 as center channel

c) bose 161 as sorround (don't shoot me please)

My questions is this, to my opinion the KG sound much better than the SC-1, much more real and clear. I know the SC-1 don't match the KG 3.5. SO, should i get a KV-3 instead?, or repleace the KG3.5 FOR SF-1?

I don't want to spend lots of money either, so your OPINION IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED..

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I would definitely KEEP the KG-3.5's (unless you want to sell them to me for budget price 9.gif). They should sound better then the SF-1s ever could... I like the KG-sound. I have heard the Synergies, and really prefer my little 2.5's to them. The KV-3 should match better than the SC-1. I personally have matching issues across the front... the different woofer in there is somewhat noticeable. It has a more mellow sound than my KGs... well that isn't the word I was looking for, but... Maybe more present? I don't know. Anyway, I would search for a new center. And while you're at it, why don't you try to locate some new surrounds as well. 2.gif Maybe some KG-1.5s, or 2.5s, etc.

A better timbre matched center for your KG 3.5's would be a KG 2.2V or KG 2.5V instead of the KV-2 or KV-3. I definately second Trespassers recommendation for the KG-1, 1.2, or 1.5's for rears. Hell KG 2.2's or KG 2.5's would work even better. The real cat's meow would be to get another pair of 3.5's for the rear as well. Anyway a single KG 2.2V or 2.5V should not run you more than about $100 - $125 and you could easily sell the SC-1 for close to that to recoup your costs. I used a KG 2.2V between my Belle Klipsch for a short time, it can certainly hold it's own, however I eventually graduated to a KV-4 and then a La Scala.