RS-25s good upgrade choice?

TechieSponge

I'm finally getting around to upgrading my "temporary" rear speakers (small Boston bookshelfs) and the newly introduced RS-25s look like a good choice from my research so far.

My listening room is 12x15 and my wife would really prefer mounting the rear speakers up high on either the side or rear wall. Most of the rear wall consists of a sliding glass door, and there is a doorway on one of the side walls close to the rear corner.

I was thinking I could mount the RS-25s up high on a swivel mount and aim them down toward the main listening area. Would this be reasonable?

Any alternative upgrade suggestions would be appreciated,

Don

Yes, I believe that the RS surrounds should be placed on the side walls, a few meters above your head. Although, I guess it is a matter of personal opinion. The RS series also allow for a little variance in speaker positioning. Below is from the RS-3II product description on the Klipsch webpage:

"The RS-3 II delivers a 90° wide by 60° high output pattern. By aligning two horns at 90° with respect to each other, along with a front-firing woofer, the RS-3 II surrounds smoothly cover a 180° horizontal arc. The surround points at you no matter where you are seated, drawing you into the middle of the action. WDST is not only the most effective surround technology, but also allows the greatest number of placement options available."