RF3II Advice

GoIrish

I'm having a dedicated HT built in my basement. Will be done Labor Day weekend. Started gear shopping earlier in the year. Tweeter and I became great friends during their Klipsch line elimination this Spring. Initially purchased a pair of RF311, pair of RS311, the matching RC center and a KSW12 sub. Two weeks later I went back and bought their last pair of the RF311's since I had decided on a 7.1 set-up.

Everything is still in the bubblewrap/boxes along w/the HK7200 that will drive everything.

The HT room is 21'x13' and I'm having second thoughts on whether running the RF311's in the front and back is a little too much. Trouble is I'm still a month and a half from being able to setup and really tell. Anyone w/any experience w/this or a similar set-up.

I have some options as I just bought a pair of RB-5's as the start of an upgraded speaker arrangement in the living room. I could potentially move the RB-5's to the back surrouunds in the HT.

While I'm at it, how well will this sub perform in a room this size. Is it enough ?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Useing the extra set of rf3II will sound awsome. Don't worry about it. My room is 25x16 and I have rf3II in front, Denmark towers in sides, and bookshelf speakers in rear, it sounds great. You will hear a big improvement withe the RF3II in the rear with SACD or DVD-a. The sub in my opion will not cut it for HT. It is an OK sub. The rsw line is better. I would set it up and take a listen to see if it is enough for you. Bass can be a very personal. Good luck and it sounds like you are going to have a nice setup.

Thanks for the feedback, I have more confidence that I'm not overwhelming the room. The sub I'll probably end up moving to the living room upstairs but I will try it first. Think I'll end up w/an SVSub in the theatre as I keep seeing nothing but great reviews for them. Have to start saving my lunch money again for a new sub as this build project is draining my wallet.

Out of curiosity anyone have the same configuration I'll have w/the 4 RF3's ?

your system will sound better using the rf 3's, as a matter of fact take the rc 3 and the 2 rs 3's and return them for 1 rc 7, (your weak points)the rf's are really good front channels but the others are weak, you want power behing your center channel, and if you fear overpowering, just ease off of the dial the speakers in my sig are in an room smaller than yours, but they flat out sound awesome, good luck12.gif

----------------

On 6/15/2003 7:32:49 AM GoIrish wrote:

The HT room is 21'x13' and I'm having second thoughts on whether running the RF311's in the front and back is a little too much. Trouble is I'm still a month and a half from being able to setup and really tell. Anyone w/any experience w/this or a similar set-up.

----------------

Put things in perspective, I have two RF-7s in the front along with an RC-7 center. I have a pair of RS-7s for surrounds as well as a pair of RF-5s for a second pair of surrounds (I can switch to either one or play them all at once). I have another RC-7 in center of the rear. This is all crammed into a 14x15 foot room - and it sound friggan awesome!

To answer your question, I think what you have will be perfect for your room size and will not be to much. Like somebody else said, if it was, just back off the volume control a little bit. Getting an RC-7 center would be nice if you can do it, but what you currently have should be quite sufficient for your needs.

I'll try to remember this thread to reply to next month. I'll be moving into my first house and placing 5 RF3-II's in a 12 x 20 room. I'll let you know how much overkill it is, although I'm sure it won't be.

mOOn might be right, those rf-7's look mighty tasty but not for my current budget. 1.gif