Bought the SF-2 towers Help on setup?

Caramelo

Decided to buy the sf-2 towers to go with the ss-1 and the sc-2 and a KSW10 sub. wink.gif Anyone have any ideas on how I should place these speakers and what wires to run? eek.gif I have a Denon AVR-3801 receiver. The room is about 15X22.

The best advice I can give is to experiment. Get some extra speaker wire and try moving the mains and sub around. I would start with the Mains about 8-10' apart on the 15' wall with the sub in the corner. Then move them a few inches at a time until YOU like the sound. Emphasis on the YOU, since you have to live with it. The surrounds should be slightly behind the listening position and about 6' high.

My room is a little wider 18X23, but with the fireplace and wall units on the 18' wall my SF-2's are about 15' apart. This is too far apart, but I can't change it. My subs are on either side of the TV now, but I think I will move them back to the corners. My surrounds are going to be at the ceiling due to windows down the side wall. I will angle them down to make up for the extra height. It's all a compromise unless you have a dedicated built from scratch room.

I know I am opening a can of worms on speaker wire, but I like the cheap heavier gauge (14, 12 & 10) zip cords instead of the high dollar Monster Cables.

Good luck and enjoy.

------------------

Jim

SF-2 Mains

SF-1 Center (pair)

RS-3 Surrounds

RC-3 Rear Center

KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever

Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player

Toshiba SD-1200 DVD

Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Caramelo - One theory of setup says that you should place the front speakers far enough apart to form an equilateral triangle with the two speakers and your listening position making up the 3 points of the triangle. I looked it up, and equilateral means all 3 sides of the triangle are the same length.

The SS-1s should be on the side walls about 6' off the floor (to the bottom on the speaker) and just behind your listening position.

The SC-1 should be above your TV, with the horn in it at roughly the same level as the horns in your SF-2 (give or take 18" or so). You may want to angle the SC-1 down so it points at ear level at your listening position. Likewise, you many want to toe-in your SF-2s so you are staring down the throats of their horns from your listening position.

Then, experiment! Enjoy-

Doug

Ditto on the speaker placement. I found placement makes all the difference (correct toe in & distance from rear wall). When I moved my sub to the back of the room it became much more impressive! Split your sub cable also, will give you about +8db & that goes a long way with the KSW 10.