RMS for Promedia (Urgent)

ma43q

hi

i heard a rumour that klipsch promedia 4.1 cannot be converted to the 230V version due to some dificulties in maintaining the 400W RMS and have to be downconverted to 250W RMSin order to have the 230Volt version.

Is that true? because i will be soon receving the promedia 4.1 which is already converted to 230V by klipsch. with no external step down transformer. i need some clarification on that as soon as possible.

Urgent

thanks

Wouldn't think there would be an issue, but if there was it would have to do with the fact that Europe is on 50 cycles. The lower amplitude may cause the amp to have lower output power. This can be compensated for in electronics, assuming the engineers took the time to address 50 cycles.

quote:

Originally posted by ma43q:

hi

i heard a rumour that klipsch promedia 4.1 cannot be converted to the 230V version due to some dificulties in maintaining the 400W RMS and have to be downconverted to 250W RMSin order to have the 230Volt version.

Is that true? because i will be soon receving the promedia 4.1 which is already converted to 230V by klipsch. with no external step down transformer. i need some clarification on that as soon as possible.

Urgent

thanks