ProMedia 4.1 burnt!

Hi,

I got home yesterday and i boot up my computer. I play half of a song "mp3" and my room smells like burned toast. I was freaking out and was investigating if it was from the PC, monitor, fan or subwoofer. I turned everything off and i notice that the back of my subwoofer is EXTREMELY hot. I mean, i played half of a song, it shouldn't be that hot.

Upon closer inspection, it seems like my subwoofer is emitting that burnt smell. Imagine if i play 30 minutes of music, i bet my subwoofer would be on fire... 14.gif

Not only my speakers pump out a constant hiss, now the sub smells like burnt toast.

And the worst thing is i just bought the ProMedia 4.1 Monster Cable Upgrade Kit.

What should i do now?

P.S: I have the set for 2 months now!

Hi,

Big: No, they are not refurbs. I didn't even get the chance to try my Monster Cable yet! It's so sad. I am using my headphones to listen to music now. At least i can play Counter-Strike with headphones which is better IMHO.

MD: I hate Creative, i think they are an unethical company. And their drivers always sucked. I remember the first day of Voodoo 2.

If i have to buy a sound card, i would get something from Turtle Beach. Never bought something from Creative and never will. Actually my CD-ROM is from Creative and now it's taking dust.3.gif