Help! KSW-12 does not light up anymore ?? :(

FLaMEagle

I had the KSW-12 for around 3 months or so now. Every now or then I would push it and see how loud it would go and it performed flawlessly.

Today, I had it hooked up to my JVC RX-7010VBK receiver. It was playing some songs and I did an ultimate subwoofer test. It played fine until I stopped the song. The next song I tried to play was Beastie Boys' Body Movin' but unfortunately, the sub stopped responding.

I took a look at the sub and the light that is on the front wasn't lit. I proceeded to try another power outlet but that didn't help. I then opened up the fuse, and looked at it but it seems like it is still intact and not blown?

But shouldn't the light light up even if I have a blown fuse? The wire in the fuse is still intact so what could be causing this strange happening?

Does ANYONE have any idea what is going on? I can't even get the light to light up!!!

Guest BobG

If the fuse is blown, it cannot light up. The power to run the light, and the power to run the sub all comes through the fuse. The fuse can be blown but look like it is fine.

We shipped about 2 months of KSW-10's and KSW-12's with the wrong fuses installed. The KSW-12 Should have a slow blow fuse but got fast blow instead. This will make the fuse blow too quickly. Put in a 1.5 amp Slow Blow fuse. Nothing else. If that doesn't fix the problem, take the sub to your dealer.

Sorry for the fuse mess. It is our fault.

KSW-10's BTW also suffered. They should have a 1 amp Slow Blow. Nothing larger.