update on my most recent DIY tube amp.

prodj101

in this pic you can see the new transformers (yeah I know they're tiny, but it's just a headphone amp 3.gif ). the 4 JJ tubes are also more visible. sorry for the pic quality, but I had a time frame of less than a min because my batter ywas almost up and I was to lazy to run up and get the power cord for it.

post-10107-13819248194366_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/24/2003 8:19:43 AM NOSValves wrote:

Yea is it working yet and if so how does it sound ? Nice little project. I read on your site that you wanted to cover the transformers for looks. Why didn't you just mount them under the chassis ?

Craig

----------------

nope, not up and running yet. I really wanted to get it finished (the wiring) yesterday but I didn't have any money to go to the store and get some nuts and bolts to hold down the various peices!14.gif I thought of mounting them under the chassis, but this wouldn't leave very much room to work with. I did this during school and hadn't really planned much, so it is going to be a challange to get everything soldered into place. I'm thinking of just putting the parts I can together outside, than mounting them inside when they're done and making the final connections. I'll post some internal pics when it's done.