KSW-15 Something is wrong!!

WackyT3

OK here is the deal. I have had the KSW-15 for about three years and it has never failed on me. Now all of sudden it will decrease in volume after about 2 minutes it has been turned on. What is the problem? I have tried it on another reciever that I just bought but that does not seem to be the problem. The sub however does work on my computer's reciever.

I just don't get it. Can someone please help me on this issue. I really don't want to shell out another 500 smackers. Thanks

If you bought it new, then Klipsch has a 5 year warranty from the date of purchase for defective parts and/or workmanship. You should contact Klipsch (1-800-Klipsch)and explain the problem you are experiencing.

Klipsch is know for its excellent warranty and repair support procedures.

----------------

On 6/25/2003 10:49:25 AM jzoz01 wrote:

They only have a 2 year warranty on electronics if I'm not mistaken.

----------------

You are correct. The 5 year warranty excludes electronics and amplifiers. I would still contact them to see if they could assist in trouble shooting the problem.

Hey thanks guys. I will try to contact klipsch and see what they say. I appreciate the help.

If anyone has anymore advice feel free to give it...I know it will take a while for my sub to get fixed so...let me have it. Any advice is usually good advice.

if the sub works on your computer, then something else upstream is most likely causing your problem...

what's the difference in the way u connect the sub to the recievers vs. the computer? (different wall outlets? different cables? different volumes? different anything?) if possible, try using different combinations of varying components to try and isolate the problem.

I really can't see it being a speaker problem if it works when plugged into your computer.

another thing that might help...what has changed in your system since the last 3 years that could be related to this issue? how bout other things like lamps being plugged into the same electrical circuit? (it may be a different socket, but could still be on the same circuit breaker...)

the best advice would be to play around with it all and try to test possible issues (cables, power sources, other components, etc etc). let us know if u isolate anything! 2.gif

oh, and good luck and speedy recovery!

(kinda hard to enjoy a broken sound) 8.gif

Ok...so weird enough the sub started to work again on my main reciever. So I guess I am in the clear for now, thank you guys for the great advice. I just hope things stay the same for another couple of years. :) I will most definetly keep you guys updated if anything changes. Once again thanks for your help.

Alright!! So now the sub does not play any bass at all...:( I have tried every reciever to get it to work but with no luck. Funny enough the ready light still comes on once I play some music...weird. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ok so here is the thing. I have tried to touch the outside of the bass cord with a metal part of the subwoofer and there is this sort of humming sound coming from the sub. So I think it still works but there is something wrong internally with the sub. I don't have the warrinty anymore I lost the papers, plus I bought it online. Does anyone know any stores that would work on a sub not bought in their own store?

Thanks for the help!! :)

Open the subwoofer by yourself and check what is wrong.

You can open it via the woofer or the connection panel.

I would unscrew first the connection panel to see if all electronics are OK.

Maybe before unscrewing anything you can play with the level control and the power switches. They are maybe dusty ... .