Journey of Discovery

The Dawg

First time in this forum...and a newbie to the Klipsch line of products. I've been a stereo and home theater buff for years...Bose and Marantz in the 70s...KEF and Adcom in the 80's and 90's...Panasonic, Onkyo and Sony recently...now I'm ready for some REAL gear....!! How about some advice and/or opinions about the SF 2, SC 1, SS 1 and KSW 12 lineup...?? I havent really auditioned them yet, but I've been on the Klipsch web site for a couple of days...and I like what I read and see....my usage is 90% home theater; 10% music. I'm looking for some tips about powering-up these puppies too.......Thanks.

I'm not some HT genious, but I know the basics.

While the Synergy series is nice, if you have the extra cash, i suggest you pick up some Reference, the Rx-35 set (2 RF35, 2 RS35, 1 RC35)is a really nice set to get right now, if you have more cash, you could go with the Rx-5, or the top of the line, Rx-7.

If you dont have all that much cash, you could get the Rx15 series, the the next series directly above the synergys. And if possible, get an RSW sub instead of a KSW, HUGE diffence, even between the KSW15 and the RSW10.

Hope that helped!

Thats one thing about these forums dawg, everyone here will tell you that the more expensive gear is _always_ worth it. Many will say that the highest end RX-7 is "essential".

My opinion: The referece series is totally worth it. RF-5s and up are essential.

hey dawg, welcome, synergy, is ok, reference is really good, but heritage is just in a different class, to be honest synergy from my auditions are really just run of the mill as far as speaks go, once you enter reference country, you begin your real journey, or insanity?12.gif