R-35. help please.....

simplyso

I am going to be purchasing a home theater within the next couple of weeks and all of the speakers are going to be klipsch. I want a home theater that will be awesome but not insane and I was told that the R-35's will suite me very well. How are these speakers and also could you guys give me the pricing on the towers, center and surround, preferably in canadian dollars. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you16.gif

Quick question: do you mean the RF-35's (the floor standing model) or the RB-35 (bookshelf). I have heard both of them and they are both excellant speakers. However, the RF-35's edge out the RB's by quite a bit. They have a higher efficiency and a lower bottom end. Is it worth the price difference? I say yes unless there is a WAF involved. One way or another you're going to win, so whatever you go with, have fun with it.

I've heard a RX-35 setup. I did't feel the floorstanding speakers were able to reproduce bass very well, they distorted at high volumes. If you're getting that setup be sure to get a sub. Mids and highs sounded good, they sound like Klipsch speakers.

From the klipsch news center...........

Woofer diameters are 8-inches for the RB-75 and RB-35, 6.5-inches for the RB-25, and 5.25-inches for the RB-15. Tentative U.S. MSRPs for these models are $1,200/pr., $600/pr., $400/pr. and $300/pr. respectively. They are expected to be available in March 2003 (with international distribution following 30 days later). Final pricing will be announced in February 2003.

From member Wireless-

wireless:

Since my post above a couple of months ago, I have the purchased Rx-25 setup. It sounds pretty good. I went with the 25s because I needed a small center channel less than 9 inches high.

I think Klipsch did a pretty good job for the price point which is about $1000 excluding sub. OTHOH, they don't really sound anywhere as good as my Forte's or the KLF-20s/c-7 setup I got rid of.

I would have had no problem paying $2k or more for the same-sized speaker system if they improved the sound and cabinetry. I wish Klipsch would come out with a higher end set of speakers. I really thought I'd never buy vinyl cabinets but Klipsch didn't leave me a choice considering the size limitations.

I think they did the best they could for $1000 but they could do a lot better.

-Dave

I call BS...I know for a fact that they have a minimum advertised price ($499.00 each) that they have to follow, and can not go below! So, authorized...probably not! But hey, a good price is what matters...till you need service.

----------------

On 7/2/2003 12:47:26 PM NormanB wrote:

Antagon,

I got my 35's from my local authorized Klipsch dealer.

----------------

----------------

On 7/4/2003 2:22:51 PM Muzak + Klipsch wrote:

I call BS...I know for a fact that they have a minimum advertised price ($499.00 each) that they have to follow, and can not go below! So, authorized...probably not! But hey, a good price is what matters...till you need service.

Just because it is a minimum advertised price it doesn't mean they can't sell them for cheaper. They just can't have an ad that says this. Hens the word advertise.11.gif

Muzak + Klipsch

Believe what you wish, however that is the price I paid and there is no doubt that I purchased from an authorized dealer (my dealer came up in the search for dealers on the Klipsch website). The MSRP is just that suggested. It is not set in stone and the dealer has room to bargin, but can not advertise any price lower than MSRP.