RF-25 System Subwoofer match?

MrFC1000

My audio system is the RF-25 set-up:

RF25 Mains

RC25 Center

RS25 Surrounds

Kenwood 6070 Receiver (THX, 100w/chnl, etc)

Sub????????

I tried the Def Tech Pro Sub 80 based on the recommendation of the sales person, but I have not been hugely impressed. I would prefer small size, but am willing to go bigger for the right price. I've heard a ton of good comments about the Carver Knight Shadow, but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Dark Helmet

Oh yeah, price isn't a huge issue if I can get something nice that would match well with my system. I would prefer to keep it around $500, but only if that makes sense. The room is pretty big, around 450 sq feet and approx 5000 cu ft. I would like some nice, tight bass, but not necessarily earth shaking.

Thanks,

Dark Hlmet

Great news the RW subs should bring Klipsch back in the game.Even Polk Audio whi is known for weak,bass modules in the low end released a new much revamped lineup.They go from a 8" woofer to a 12",all three feature extra long throw woofers a la Sunfire.

Competition gets tough these days,lets hope these new RW subs will perform.

In any event I will get the RW12 and compare this sub to the 12" new Polk Audio sub.Lets see how they stack up. 1.gif

T.E. I'm interested to hear your evaluation of the new RW-12. You've got enough experience and competitive product to be considered an expert. Please post when you have had time to obtain and evaluate.

The new RW stuff will be posted to this site very soon. We just recently did photo shoot.

When is the RW-12 coming out? I am happy with the RW-10.

I have to decide whether to return the KSW-12 I planned for my bedroom and get a second RW-10. I am thinking about quintet speakers for my bedroom. I don't want to overmatch the speakers so I may just stick with the KSW-12.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob G.,

No sweat as soon as the RW subs show at my local Klipsch dealer you can bet the Klipsch badge I will be therec to pick the RW8 and RW12 up for tests.

I will pit the RW12 against the PolkAudio PSW505(its closest true competitor)and Carver Knight Shadow as well as my newest addition the Velodyne SPL1000.

Testing and comparing products is half the fun in audio,and I would not change my hobby for anything else. 1.gif

BTW Radio ST-Hubert got the new RF-35,as well as all the new bookshelf besides the RB-75.The wood finish is very welcome,finally.Radio St-Hubert is where I purchased almost all of my Klipsch,Sunfire and the Totem ROKK.