HK 430 for sale

Daddy Dee

I've got an HK 430 for sale. It's in good shape, now after my brother in law electrical engineer opened the hood and replaced some internal fuses and replaced the tuner lights, cleaned the pots and knobs. When I bought it on Ebay, it came with only one channel running. Internal fuse was the problem. Creative solution on the nifty little back lights for the slide rule dial. Stock is a bulb that looks just like a fuse. Never had seen anything like that and with no hope of finding parts, we soldered the leads from lamps from RS to the old fixtures and replaced them in the case.

Would need to get $75.00 for it. I know that cheaper can be found, but after probably paying too much for it in the first place, still at that price wouldn't be recovering my complete investment. Just need to move some stuff to a new home.

If you should purchase it and find it to be unsatisfactory, you can send it back to me for a refund, less shipping of course.

e-mail me with questions. Sorry don't have a pic to post.

Dee

I've heard how great these harman/kardon 430's are with Klipsch loudspeakers here on this forum. Can't believe you're only parting with it for $75; sounds to me like it's worth so much more (but I don't know their street value). If I had the spare change (and not so many bills to pay), I'd take it off your hands gladly! But I'm sure somebody here will buy it from you...the 430 has a pretty large following on this forum, I'm sure. Good luck.

Jim,

Thanks for your note. Yep, from the posts I read, their street value is not especially high. Would be interested to hear folks take on that question. One thing for sure, when you win an auction on Ebay, you won't know what your getting in this one til it shows up. This particular unit was described as having "had my tech go over it and it's in great shape". yeah, right. It was o.k., and has cleaned up real nice with a little TLC, but one channel was DOA. My brother in law and a buddy, after replacing fuses and lights got it going in good order it's nice.

Dee