Klipsch tower delima, kg5.5,klf10,20,rf-3 or other

Fast1

I currently have some kg4's with a velodyne cht15 sub. I am running them with a cheap kenwood dts reciever that I will be giving the boot shortly. My questions are that my system lacks clarity and mid bass punch. I did plug one of the kg4s in a system run by a 3803 denon and sounded cleaner (which I expected), but still did not have punch. I think the sub may need to go to as it is ported I prefer sealed tight sound. I have really looked hard at the rf-3, but concered that I will have the same problem in blending the 8in woofer speakers with a 15in sub for music 80% of the time. My others include an rc-3, and rs-3 so the rf-3 would be the likely choice, but I need good tight mid range, accurate sound and loud. That si why I am thinking the 10in woofered towers may solve the problem. I listen to a lot of counrty and clean music and I have played guitar for years so me ear hears quality first. Any recommendations on sub replacement, tower choice, receiver choice (I am looking at denon for the 5ch stereo mode)would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi Brandon,

If money is not an object, I would try upgrading the receiver and go with separates. Denon is a great company but there are others out there that are better sounding. You have great ears and you appreciate good music. My suggestion would be is to audition a Krell, Bryston, Parasound or Adcom etc. You will not find those in CircuitCity or BestBuys but only on specialty Audio stores.

I recently upgraded from an Adcom GFA 860 to a Bryston SP1.7 pre/pro and Adcom amplifiers. My KG5.5s was transformed. Sound becomes transparent, coherent, lively, soundstage is deep and the highs are laid back in character etc.

Follow your ears. Buy what sounds good to you. Listen first before you buy. Most high end audio stores allow you to take home and audition the product you are considering buying.

Throwing money at a problem does not make it go away. You can have the world's best speakers and electronics, but if your room is accoustically challenged than you are still back at square one. It would be nice to say that by spending x- amount of money will help but this is just a shot in the dark. First you have to find what you have going on before you can decide on a plan of action.

Don't go with denon. Certainly not with klipsch speakers. Onkyo is fine, but pioneer is even better. Otherwise go with separates.

If you want really quality and don't want to do any upgrades by yourself

check the b&w nautilus (802 or 803) range.(You need a very powerfull and good amp) I still can not recommend the heritage line of klipsch since I never listened to them. I only have seen the klipschorn. Huge speaker (doesn't look like one) that needs a room build around them and not the other way around.

The klipsch reference line can use some upgrades: bracing and crossover.

About subwoofers: don't.

Unless it is a discrete channel like dolby digital or sacd mulitchannel.