Beogram RX-2

garymd

While making my monthly rounds at the local thrift shops today, I came across a Beogram RX-2 TT in decent looking condition. Extremely thin tonearm, no cartridge and no platter mat. $25. I didn't buy it but was tempted. Is this a good TT? I can always go back. Thanks.

Hi GARY, the BANG & OLUFSUN BEAGRAM beogram rx2 is a perty deacent turntable, I have a beogram 2000. Its almost the some as the rx2.The neet thing about the B&O TURNTABLES is that they have a great saspension system on them, you can rap your hand on that turntable perty hard when a record is playing and it wont skip or feedback any sound threw the cartridge.It really works great on weak floorings in a home no skipping while walking or kids jumping around.Sound wise its perty good to for the money, sure its no linn are music hall, but you get what you pay for. They made 5 cartridges that fit this and most of the bang & olufsen turntables like the RX2, they are the mm5, mm4, mm3, mm2 and mm1, with the mm1 being the best and the mm5 being the cheepest one and the others inbetween.The platter does not come with a mat it is to be used without one, so dont wory about that.I have a mm4 cartridge here that would fit that turntable but I really would like to keep it for a spare for my turntable but if you would want to buy the RX2 and need a cartridge to try It out I would let you borrow it for a while tell you found one for it.

YOU out to go back and see if you can get it for 15 or 20 bucks tell the guy it aint got a cartridge on it and see if you can pick it up real cheep, you could at least recope up to 25 bucks in parts on ebay for that turntable.I have an extra belt that would fit that table too.Take a junky alblum with you and put it on the platter and hit the cue button and make sure the platter spines that way you at least know the moter works.Just my 2 cent worth gary, if the turntable does work that would make a nice turntable for you are someone getting into playing records again.