For sale or trade

tony61

Howdy all

It's time to change the configuration of my H/T again.

I have 5 KSB 3.1's which I'm currently using in my bedroom system. IMHO, using the 5th one for a center worked far better than the KSC-C1 as far as timbre matching goes. They are soon to be replaced by Quintets (WAF) and I would like to offer them to this forum before they go to eBay.

One pair has the heavy duty mounts attached to the back. All are in really good cosmetic condition. One pair is mint, the other three have a knick here and there and they all work flawlessly. Quite frankly, they are one of the best sounding bookshelf speakers I've ever heard.

I would be willing to trade these for the parts necessary to rebuild a pair of Heresys (all I have are the cabinets) or K-55 drivers/K-600 horns and type B crossovers as I'm also trying to resurrect an old pair of Corn's.

After much research on eBay, I've found the going price to be around $225.00 plus shipping per pair. I'll consider any serious offers.

I would also consider Altec 511-B horns and diaphragm kits for K-77's with square ceramic(?) magnets for trading as well.

Pictures are available via e-mail to anyone that is interested.

These will be going to eBay on Monday or Tuesday if I don't get any response from the board.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tony

Where do you live to understand shipping cost?

I use my 3.1s for back channel in the playback of DVD-A.

Cool speaker with front ports.

i have never took the grill off for better sonics due to kids; that would be nice to do for critical listening evaluations.

KSB 3.1 is an underapreciated Klipsch speaker!

Recommended!

Flynn,

I agree, the 3.1's are quite amazing in H/T as well as the music arena. I listen to alot of classic blues and classical music and they just shine.

The soundfield was increased dramatically by hanging them from the wall and angling them down towards the listening area, much better dispersion.

I live in Summerville, SC on the glorious coast. In fact, we're on the way to the beach even as I speak! My zip is 29483.

I can put 3 of these in one box and 2 in another along with the mounting brackets.

One carton will be 24"x24"x12" and weigh 40 lbs, the other will be 30"x24"x12" and weigh 60 lbs. These probably aren't exact dim's but they are very close. They will be packed to avoid damage, but I would insure the shipment if it were me. I will ship via the carrier of your choice, but Fedex has been very good to me in the past, cheaper too.

If you want to do an integrity check, my eBay ID. is tony0861 and I have a perfect track record.

Have a great weekend.