4.1 connector miniplugs

4.1's use very standard 3.5mm stereo plugs at the satellite end. I don't mind, though when I move or bump a satellite, or especially when I touch the plug boot, man do my speakers get cranky - just a lot of static, it settles down after about 10 seconds, or never at all, to which I have to fool with the plug until it 'settles'. I don't know if this has been covered a million times or not, I didn't know what syntax to search for using the archive. I just wanted to be more at ease to know that this is normal behavior. . .

. . . and if it is, to request a design change to more normal positive/negative wires with bare ends and mini-clamps, 'traditional speaker wire style' as it were.

Thanks!

Edit: Just saw a 'mod' to create wire that apparently lessens this problem - it looks kinda complicated. The Klipsch upgraded wire set looks like the same thing - I guess that's the way to go if I want a buy it solution?

Like you saw in my other post I'm not a fan of expensive cables. You're best bet if those connectors are faulty are to purchase new ones and solder them on. They can be had at Radio Shack. If you want pretty ones there are gold ones available, just make sure you get the "mono" plugs and not the "stereo" ones. It simplifies the procedure. For some reason the aftermarket ones seem to fit better into the socket. You could also just hardwire the buggers and end that problem entirely....3.gif9.gif