DPL-12 sonosub up and running

tpg

Yay!

I redid my enclosure (it went from a 5.35cu.ft vented tube to a 2.4cu.ft sealed one). This thing is pretty darn good. I am now running it along with my KSW-12. I can feel the seat shaking under me. hehehe

I am powering the sub with a Nady Audio XA-1100 pro power amp. This thing can put out 1100watts RMS bridged into 4-ohms. If only I knew the proper way to bridge it... Right now I am using one channel for each voice coil, each coil being 8-ohms, I am getting about 300W per coil (under the rated coil load for the wooofer). I think it is safe to say that this thing can outpound my KSW-12... but I need to let the driver "break in" a while longer.

No pics as of now... maybe not for a while... as I have no digicam. 8.gif

Finally... I finished! 9.gif

----------------

On 8/3/2003 12:25:59 PM trespasser_guy wrote:

Yay!

I redid my enclosure (it went from a 5.35cu.ft vented tube to a 2.4cu.ft sealed one). This thing is pretty darn good. I am now running it along with my KSW-12. I can feel the seat shaking under me. hehehe

I am powering the sub with a Nady Audio XA-1100 pro power amp. This thing can put out 1100watts RMS bridged into 4-ohms. If only I knew the proper way to bridge it... Right now I am using one channel for each voice coil, each coil being 8-ohms, I am getting about 300W per coil (under the rated coil load for the wooofer). I think it is safe to say that this thing can outpound my KSW-12... but I need to let the driver "break in" a while longer.

No pics as of now... maybe not for a while... as I have no digicam.
8.gif

Finally... I finished!
9.gif

----------------

Glad to hear you're satisfied. With that driver's low Fs, I'm sure you have decent decent extension into the low to mid 20's. The SQ of it should be better than the KSW-12 too. If you haven't already, try adding some stuffing to lower the Qtc a little bit and see how you like the sound.

I do have the box stuffed about 1/2 full with loose cotton batting. 1.gif Sounds pretty good. I am now allowing my receiver to cool (that thing gets WAY too hot for my taste) before I do a movie test. Music sounds good.

----------------

On 8/6/2003 9:19:52 PM JasN00b wrote:

buy a little clip-on fan, they're like 6" in diamater and point it over the reciever, it'll keep it cooler
----------------

I have a 6" desk fan blowing into my open case. Works fine and the heatsinks are all room temperature.