Quintet Quality and other concerns.....

chinoloco

I finally got my Quintets in. Things started good, but quickly went downhill.

Not a good sign. 1 of the satellites only has the tweeter mildy working. The main driver is dead. Guy who I bought them for is sending me a new tweeter, driver and array. I am putting this together.

Here is something that worries me. This guy was liquidating his stuff because he is no longer an authorized dealer. He had spoken to me about the quality of the manufacturing process of klipsch now, as they are so busy, they cannot keep up with the higher quality of the past. I have seen others here started to comment about the same. I guess also, he was driven from the business as he couldn't sell synergy line anymore, it was given locally to Best Buy. That worries me as well, as we already know about the weaknesses of Best Buy.

I truly do hope BobG is right about Klipsch fixing the problems at manufacturing. The former dealer of the quintets told me that Klipsch is the number speaker company now.. "passing Bose."

We all know what lack of quality BOSE developed when they became number 1. I hope Klipsch can deliver the same quality and value that Klipsch owners have come to expect. I am treating the dead Quintet as a freak things as "things" happen, but I sure would hate to spend lots of money on the top "top of the line" and get a dead speaker as soon as you open the box.

• 2 months later...