Re:Can I bypass front speakers using a resistor? UPDATE!

Sayles

I have an older Teac that has front and rear channels but it only decodes and splits the sound when all 4 speakers are connected. From the cd player I am running a Scott 299 to Forte II's for the main (front) channel. I also have it wired to play through the Teac 2 main channels and the rear surround channels. In order to get the volume up on the rear channels to hear the surround, the front channels of the Teac are trying to compete with the Klipsches'. Is there some way to bypass the front speakers by splicing in an 8 ohm resistor or something so I can have the 2 Forte's running the front and the Teac running just the 2 rear surrounds? UPDATE: Replaced front (A) speakers from the Teac with a 1uF Electrolytic Capacitor from radio shack (99 cents) Back of bubble card says: non polarized, for speaker crossover 10Hz at 8 ohms,50 volt max,axial leads. These work great! Now from all sources,(vinyl,dish,cd,etc) as long as there is a stereo signal I can control the 2 main speakers with the Scott and I have infinate volume control over the 2 rear (surround) speakers using the Teac.3.gif