Possible Academy for sale

dachuckster

You could get $600+ on ebay or sell it to a forum member in need (I know who is next on the list) for a reasonable price. If you pm me I'll tell you what I recently paid from another forum member and I'll tell you who I think is next on the list although it's probably not my place or business and I could be wrong if someone else I don't know was looking before this person.

I'm happy to give this advice but I certainly understand if you tell me it's none of my business.

I hope you'll offer it to the forum first!

I sold one recently and had offers as high as $600. I think you should have a reverse auction. Offer it at $600 for day, if you don't get a buyer, drop it to $550 the next day, and so on.....might be fun! They are bringing a ton of money. I've found that since my main interest is music, that I am much happier with a heresy as a center, but those whose empahsis is movies really like the acadamy.

• Like 1

The Academy is a great case in supply and demand. The supply is limited and the demand is growing whihc has driven the price above the original MSRP and almost double what it was selling for about a year ago.

For those with Reference speakers the Academy is a poor fit, but for those with old classic Forte's and similar the Academy is the only timbre matched dedicated center speaker. For Heritage owners the Academy is close but Heresys seem to blend better at a fraction of the price although for voice and looks an inverted Heresy may not be as good a fit.

I've seen Academys sell for $350-$600. With some patience you should be able to find one under $450. I passed on one a few months ago mint for $425 and bought a pair of Heresys instead.

Thanks all for the info. I will put it on this forum and not ebay should I sell it. GARYMD, I will try to figure out how to pm you. I am leaving for LAS VEGAS (WOO HOO) for a softball tournament soon, and wont be back till next week, so i will wait till then. I will shoot a few photos and post them as well. I do now have the RC7 to go with the RF7. I used the Academy with my KG4s.