RF-3 crossover

USparc

Ok, here is LF filter. It is huge due to the CFAC. Thanks Dean to recommend this one. It did put a SMILE on my face. 9.gif

This brings me to the result. It is just a night and day difference.

The sound is clean not stressy. Every note is produced more accurate.

Now I have to play all my favourite records again .... 3.gif

Rear RF-3 and RC-3 are still waiting for their new crossover, but soon ... .

I will order the components next week.

post-6167-13819248779356_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 8/15/2003 11:04:41 AM STL wrote:

So did you stay with the same component values (and just upgrade to higher quality parts)? Also, how did you get those braces inside the factory enclosure?

----------------

No I didn't stay exactly with the same values. Klipsch uses none standard values that are not available in high quality components.

I wasn't planning to combining components to get the exact values to keep the crossover simple as possible.

So I picked the next lower value for each component. This will increase the crossover point a bit (from 1975 to 21xx) which is in fact desirable to reduce the stress on the horn. (See RF5 an RF-7 crossover points)

About the braces. Well, the woofer holls are just as wide as the internal wideness of the cabinet. The brace panels can be inserted and glued easily in the cabinet. To get a complete structure it is quiet a job to get things in position but it is possible.