New Klipsch 5.1, makes sense...

The recent changes in Klipsch make a lot of sense. With the acquisition of Mondial, a leader in electronics, it was only right for Klipsch to update their website. It was also time for Klipsch to enter the new age of computer multimedia. By acquiring Mondial, they gained access to a lot of new technology. This technology in amplifiers and preamps could go to a 5 speaker one subwoofer multimedia system powerful enough, not only in watts but also in cutting edge decoding, to perform like a true 5.1 home theater system. With computers becoming more and more powerful and video and music off the computer transferring more and more due to broadband services like DSL and Cable and with the new FirberOptic lines at speeds of 20times faster than DSL and the like, more and more families are buying computer to handle their entertainment. So Klipsch makes a multimedia system like no other, say around 600 RMS 5.1 decoding for sound cards like Sound Blaster 5.1+ with digital sound out. This will create a Klipsch ProMedia that we will all admire, enjoy, and brag to the neighbors about.

When people complain that they just bought the 4.1 systems, I have absolutely no sympathy for them. If we slowed down education so that we did not learn anything new till we had fully enjoyed what we had just discovered, we would be so far behind that we would not have this conversation here for another 1000+ years. With the invent of the wheel, do you think Ongore said, "Let we no put stick between to make cart"? No, our dirty little friend went out and rolled down a hill with a side of a galaposauraus in his wagon. If you think you might complain about losing out because your Pentium 4 1.7 GHz computer will be replaced with a Pentium 5 2.5 GHz by the time you get in the car, then don't by it. Just envy the people next door hauling in their new 46" Sony HDTV while you watch your Zenith 13" ColorTron. You can then laugh and say,"Ha! They don't know what I know. Tomorrow there will be the new 52" S-HDTV out for the same price and they will be S.O.L.".

I told myself at age 15 when I bought my first computer with my own money, a 500 MHz PIII eMachine, that if tomorrow I walk in to Circuit City and they have a 600 MHz that I would not scream and complain to the more fortunate that they did not warn me. Instead, I told myself that I would spend the extra money, $350, and get a warranty. When my computer started to act up, I just got a new one and paid the difference. Now I have a P4 1.5 GHz Hewlett-Packard computer with a 60 GB hard drive. I did the same with my Klipsch ProMedia v2.400 speakers. I bought them from Tweeter Home Entertainment where they have a plan called the 365-1-1. So, I can get the new 5.1 system as long as it arrives in stores by February of next year and only pay the difference. You just have to do your research before you pay.

I am excited to say that in a few months I will have a 5.1 ProMedia system in my room, a 1.5 GHz entertainment system to power it, and time to use it because I am a conservative 16 year old with more maturity than many 35 year olds.

Who else is getting the new 5.1's when they come out June 1st?

Smile.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

I have enjoyed my v2-400 for over a year and a half now and am going to more than happy to pay to have the new 5.1's as soon as they come out. I just hope there are enough in the warehouse to handle all the sound freaks like myself that will want them on June 1st. I to will have a 1.5 to power my system but it happens to be an Athlon 1.33 oc'd to 1.533. I hope all will enjoy them as much as I and my neighbors (hehe) will. :D

No, i believe that many people will continue to buy the 4.1 system becuase of the cost. The 2.1 will be the low end, 4.1 the middle of the pack, and the 5.1 will be the top of the line with a cost around $400. This is just an estimate, but if it has aa decoder it could be more. We will just have to see.

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

This is what GD posted...

Klipsch to Announce 5.1: 05/21/2001 - Duane

Even though we don't have the official press release quite yet, we do know that Klipsch will announce their new ProMedia 5.1 system within the next 24 hours, and will have the following configuration:

Dual 8" Subwoofer Drivers

500 Watts (200-Subwoofer, 60-each Satellite)

Price of $399.00

There will also be a new control module that isn't attached to any of the satellites as on previous generations of ProMedias, however, it will be a self-contained unit that connects directly into the back of the subwoofer. We were told by Klipsch that they hope to have these out for sale by the end of June. We also had the chance to hear these at E3, and they are quite incredible and we look forward to reviewing a set soon.