RF7 - my what a big tweeter you have...

Deang

can't you cram that thing into my beloved RB5's? And what about my beloved RB5's - don't they get a facelift or anything?

Any of you Klipsch boys feel like taking a shot at comparing the sonic signatures of the RB5's or RF3's to the new RF7's?

with the diaphram on the tweeter so large why didn't you drop the crossover a little...hmmm.

------------------

deanGW

deang:

I have RB-5's and love them. As far as the RF-7 goes, we've been auditioning them here for the past several days with all kinds of music. Let's just say they had to drag us out of the room and make us go back to work...I bet you all have been wondering why Bob, Jim and I haven't been on the board since last Thursday...

I still love my RB-5's (and my KLF-30's) but the 7's are a whole new ball game..

PhilH

Guest BobG

The high performance compression driver in the RF-7 is a honey. Incredible detail and dynamic range. You'll easily hear information never heard on other speakers. Things like mic placement, panning and image effects are fully revealed. If the singer recorded their part in a different acoustic space than the that of the other instruments, you'll know. RF-7's don't compress at anthing like sane listening levels - quite extrordinary. The crossover points in Klipsch products are chosen after very careful voicing and though I understand the comment about lowering the crossover point due to the large diameter compression driver, it just plain sounds better at the chosen point. You'll hear the same kind of improvement in the RF-5.

As for putting the RF-7 driver in the RB-5, then the woofer wouldn't keep up. That speaker already uses a massive magnet on its 8" woofer in order to deliver the output necessary to keep up with the efficiency of the tweeter and horn combo.

Facelift? How about new maple and cherry finishes?

<[bR>Hmmm... I need to stop reading this board... with every post I'm getting cold feet about having ordered the KLF 30's (don't even have them yet).... should've maybe waited for the RF 7's!!

Is there some sort of listening room available down there in Indy where folks who live in your backyard can drop in for a listen?? Smile.gif

Mace

/font]

Ye gods and little fishes, mace! Sure the RF-7's sound wonderful... that's why Klipsch is building them instead of the Legend series. Klipsch has designed and build over a hundred different home speakers they no longer manufacture... and KLF 30's remain as some of the most revered in homes across this planet... let alone in West Lafayette! Besides, you bought them at a bargain that you are not likely to get on the RF-7's for many years to come. You have stepped across the abyss and ordered one of the best "crank-it-up" speaks known to man or beast (yes, it can crank so loud it has been known to do that to some wives Eek.gif ).

Think good thoughts... and be ready to enjoy every day that which you have only had an earful from time-to-time. Then... only then... should you sell your car, the cat and your wife's rings to buy the Klipsch of your heart's desire... and take on a night job to get a custom built room to put it in!

Then again, you can continue worrying. If so, please pass this note to your wife so I can have a shot of buying the KLF 30's after the funeral. Wavey.gif HornEd

Guest BobG

Mace, we are in the process of building a state of the art R&D facility in our new Indianapolis headquarters. At the moment, we are making use of temporary facilities here with our primary listening facility being at the Hope, AR works.

I believe your local Lafayette Klipsch dealer will be a good place to audition the RF-7 in just a little while and they may even have an upgrade policy. Check with Doug there to ascertain.

BTW, Go Boilers!