SACD hissing

Vladi

Posting here since mostly read...

I have breifly posted about this problem I have with SACDs hissing, now want to go into detail and ask for advice.

The SACD player in my signature is Sony 555 ES and cost $499 on sale, not a cheapo, but not very expensive either. There is a lot of hissing, very noticeable and annoying at loud volume, with the following SACDs, listed in descending order of hissing:

Santana - Abraxas

Toto - IV

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

Escape - Journey

I am scratching my head thinking whether it is the player or the source/recordings. Before going and blaming the player, I will really appreciate any feedback from owners of any of the above mentioned SACDs.

At the same time NONE of my DVD Audio titles hiss.

Please help before I trash this Sony SACD player...

I listened to DSoTM on my Denon 2900/3803,I noticed very little hiss at 100db's,I would have to stick my ear to the horn to hear hiss at all.Some hiss on these older recordings is,as you know,to be expected,but very little on sacd version.Did you research the 555 to see if others have this problem?I have heard others say they decided to go 777,can't remember the reasons.