How much do Sunfire subs run for?

JasN00b

the store i'm shopping with (I'm going with a B&W system.. i fell in love.. sorry Klipsch15.gif ) has an ASW300 sub in the package i'm buying, but i dont know if there will be any sense in buying an 8" sub.

the sub that comes with this is basically just going to cover until i get my Sonotube Tempest up and running..

so how much do Sunfires run for? He had one going in the Theater room and i was rather impressed for such a tiny package.

unless the ASW300 is some kind of mericale worker, i'll swap it for another sub in the similar price range, if the Sunfire is close, i'll go with that.

thanks

WHAT Sunfire?

You have three main units(Signature $1899US,Mark IV $1299US and the Super Junior $899US)then you have two sealed units(not many stores carry them),a la Carver Knight Shadow.

The Super Junior is capable of around 106dB at 30Hz,the Mark IV a solid 110dB at 30Hz and the awesome Signature a ear hurting 116dB.And these are not overblown "specs",I have these and can tell you these micro cubes are the real deal.

The small B&W cubes get their MDF whooped by Sunfire,the only real competition is from Velodyne(HGS and SPL series).

No DIY in the same size competes

----------------

On 8/22/2003 8:19:06 PM JasN00b wrote:

the store i'm shopping with (I'm going with a B&W system.. i fell in love.. sorry Klipsch
15.gif
)

----------------

No need to feel sorry. 1.gif You don't have to be loyal to just one speaker company. I'm not. I own speakers made by Klipsch, B&W and JMlab.

BTW, which B&W's do you plan on getting?

I'm torn between either:

4 DM303's, and an LCR3, with the little ASW300 sub that'd be ~$1k...

...or i'm thinking the 602 S3's up front, with either another pair in the rear, or some 600 S3's or 601 S3's in the rear, and the LCR60... that'd be more expensive... prolly ~$1.2k-$1.5k without a sub.

i really loved the 602's but the price is whats turning me off.. i'd have to wait MUCH longer to get them. the store does off a 100% store credit trade in dealio, so i can continue saving up for the 602s if i go with the 303s

i'll be heading back to the store to do more demoing and arrange an in home trial soon.

"just out of curiosity, what sort of ouput levels could be expected from the little ASW300?"

I cannot say,did not compare this unit.Well from experience its weak when things get under 35Hz.

The B&W 4000 is a great sub,clean and powerful.The 3000 disapointed me,for a large sub it lacks true 20Hz capabilities and it starts to give at 25Hz.

The small B&W subs are mostly "I buy B&W look at me".

A lot like Paradigm,the Servo15 and PW2200 are serious subs,the rest is pure

garbage.

PolkAudio the new PSW(404 and 505 are good little subs),the 650 is also a competent sub.The rest is trash to my ears(besides some upscale classic PolkAudio subs).

Klipsch,the RSW series are great,the KSW are ...BURP and the RW look good on paper(have yet to hear them).

Sunfire,the whole lineup is great(size considered)and proven to survive the greaters torture tests.

SVS...no need to introduce them the Ultras I tested are world class shakers and movers.

....and so on 9.gif