K-56 midrange driver

tubefever

The only K56s I have seen were in a pair of Heresys I saw on eBay. Don't know if they were original or replacements. If they were original, they weren't used for long in the Heresy. K55V was used right up until the last couple of years or so when it was replaced with K52H and then K53K. They don't look the the K55V to me, more like early EV 1823s. IIRC the color was right.

That's right--these are the K-56 drivers that were on eBay a month ago. They came with K-700 lenses. They have the spring-loaded terminals (i.e. not solder). They have the V logo on the back with "Klipsch and Associates, Hope, Arkansas" written along the edge, and "K-56" in bold in the middle. The finish is a nice pale green hammertone enamel. Any thoughts?

djk knows what they are. I believe they were an experiment, of sorts, by Atlas to build a "better"(cheaper?) K-55-V. Atlas changed something and I don't think Mr. Paul liked it. The K-56 may have led to the souring of the business relationship. I wish I could remember the story.

Thanks. I am "reconstituting" a pair of Heresy's with parts gleaned from flea markets and on eBay. Your posts have helped me up-date a pair of "C" crossovers.

One of the K-56 bug screeens is caked in cracked white powder and I want to clean it off. Do I access it by removing the bolts from the back of the driver? Is there a chance of damaging the diaphram this way?